About Health Education Initiative
Strong Start | Healthy Start hosts free workshops for expectant moms, dads and parenting families with a child less than two years old. All workshops are free and open to the community, a variety of topics are available.
We offer fun, informative, and interactive Health Education workshops & activities with our Health Educator. Come and learn how to keep a healthy pregnancy and learn information that you can use once your baby is born!
We provide food, refreshments, door prizes, giveaways, and transportation assistance for all of our workshops.
What Health Education Workshops Are Available?
Right now, we are also hosting Fitness and Stress Reduction pre-workshops 20 minutes before and after each regularly scheduled workshop. Wear comfortable clothes, and be prepared to have fun! Topics for our workshops include:
- Yoga Demonstrations
- Walking Club
- Zumba Fitness
- Pre-natal Care
- Family Budgeting
- Nutrition: Eat Healthy, Be Active
- Family Planning for a Health Family
- Safe Sleep for a Health Baby
- Arts and Crafts
- And Many More Topics!
All workshops are free and open to the public.
When and Where are the Health Education Workshops?
Our workshops are currently being offered at the following locations:
- Hildebrandt | Community Room , 3122 Turner St | Lansing, MI
- GLAAHI, Letts Community Center, 1220 W. Kalamazoo | Lansing, MI
- Southside Community Coalition, 2101 W. Holmes Rd | Lansing, MI
- Mt. Vernon | Community Room, 338 N. Waverly Rd | Lansing, MI
Please check our calendar below as we make changes and additions to our workshops from time to time based on community need. For current scheduled workshops please see calendar